Tuesday, February 5, 2008

honeymoon!

Back to planning-mode!

My apartment is awesome- not only is it close to two major highways, gas stations, a bank, a grocery store, a post office and W's house, but it also has a FedEx/Kinko's, CVS, TJ Maxx, and my new favorite: AAA!

I've been there once before to ask about discount movie tickets, but this time I decided to explore their travel agency. I had looked on the AAA website and saw only trips to Europe, the Caribbean, and Hawaii, so I gave up. However, W mentioned that maybe we should go inside and see if they have more options.

Totally worth it! The travel agent was really helpful, gave me a bunch of comprehensive brochures, and assured me that we could make anything work. I wasn't much help since I didn't have a specific location in mind, but she didn't seem to mind. JC had also given me a tip about Arthur Frommer's blog: frommers.com/blog. I know travel is his business, but he makes everything sound so enticing and affordable! I almost feel like I should be traveling more. I like his honest approach to saving money and exploring. If we don't book through AAA we might go through escapesltd.com. AMAZING deals...it makes me wish we had unlimited funds and an infinite amount of time off to explore the world.

Now we just have to decide where we want to go! My mind keeps changing based on what I'm craving that day. If we had to pick today we'd go to New Jersey or New York to eat Nathan's Cheese Fries. Obviously big decisions should not be made on an empty stomach. =)

2 comments:

joanne said...

wow Jesus sends you honeymoon tips!

Bicoastal Bride said...

Jesus is cool like that. =)