Monday, February 4, 2008

A non-planning day

Let's face it- I love planning things. Is it your birthday yet? Can I plan your party? Let's celebrate the beginning of summer. When should we host the next get-together?

It takes a lot of restraint for me to NOT plan, but I managed to do it today. I had the day off, but wanted to rest and have a day where I dealt with the present, not the future. W came over later to hang out, have dinner, and do some work, but he helped me adhere to my no-planning rule for the night.

Surprisingly, no planning was involved when we were working on our wedding website! W had set it up, and all I had to do was add descriptions and pictures. There's plenty of stuff we'll have to add that involves phone calls and planning, but tonight I got to do the fun stuff. It was a nice trip down memory lane. I can't wait till you get to see it! We didn't want to pay for our own domain (and neither of us is computer-savvy enough to set it up) so we went with a comprehensive, free site: mywedding.com. W thought most of the designs were too feminine, but that was the only complaint we've had. It has lots of different categories (like attractions, accommodations, photos, etc.) and is pretty easy for us to figure out. Thumbs up!

The only thing we haven't figured out is how to put banquet information on the website. We're inviting, like, 500 people to our wedding and having a light reception immediately afterwards, but only a select few are invited to the banquet (I lovingly refer to them as "the 300".) As much as we'd like to invite all of them to the banquet, it's just not financially possible. How do we inform the 300 in a tasteful manner? That involves planning, so I'll save it for another day...but I'm definitely open to suggestions! (BTW, you readers are definitely part of the 300. ;)

2 comments:

joanne said...

wow, and this whole time i thought i was anonymously reading?! =) if all 500 are referred to the site then there's no way around including banquent info, imo.

Bicoastal Bride said...

you're part of the elite group of women that gets to read my thoughts. =)