Saturday, March 29, 2008

i'm so excited!

Did you look at the title and think of Jessie Spanos from Saved by the Bell? If so, I'm certain we will be lifelong friends.

W has been really great about wedding stuff after I talked to him about taking more initative. He's pretty much trusting me to run point on the wedding and he'll take care of things whenever I ask him to do something. This week I made us both wedding to-do lists and we got most of the stuff done...and some stuff that wasn't even on the list! We ordered our wedding bands and tuxes this afternoon.

Ladies- guys have it so easy. We went to Men's Wearhouse for tuxes a few weeks ago with W's best man, and the whole time I was appalled at how easy it is for them. The limited amount of choices makes it SO much simpler. And plus, they could have bought suits for everyone for just a little more than the price of renting a tux! And they can totally wear suits again! Ridiculous. I was so enraged. (Only because boys have it so easy in this whole wedding process.)

We were originally gonna go with suits instead of tuxes, and after we made that tentative decision I panicked because I already bought W those cufflinks. I frantically emailed his BM who assured me that I'd be able to figure something out. The more I thought about it though, the more I just wanted the guys to be formal and wear tuxes. Lucky for me the suit thing fell through and W decided to go with tuxes. Whew! My non-refundable purchase was not in vain.

Next obstacle: convincing W's dad to wear a tux. He doesn't ever like to dress up, so we're gonna have to be clever to make it happen. We could just have the dads wear suits, but from my recollection I don't think he or my dad have suits that are formal/fancy enough. Any suggestions would be appreciated! The best I could come up with is having his tux be the free tux that we're getting with our rental.

My excitement grows more and more each week! Whenever we make decisions I get giddy. I'm so thrilled to have our friends and family be part of our big day! My vendors and helpers have been SO fantastic...I love that they're detail-oriented and readily available to communicate through email. So fetch.

Sorry I've been slacking in posting. And so far the entries haven't been very deep...mostly weddingbee-style entries about details. I'll try to make this more personal and less vague.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

i'm so excited... i'm..so...scared.... zack! a ha haha.. i guess we can be lifelong friends. :)