Saturday, July 19, 2008

secret single behavior

Is it weird that I suddenly want to exert my independence more and more as the wedding gets closer? I love W, of course, and I can't wait to marry him, but part of me really enjoys the alone time I've been able to have since he's only in town on the weekends. I miss him like crazy, but I get really excited when I get to go somewhere by myself or have some kind of adventure. Maybe my feminist side wants to remind me that I'm a very capable person. Or maybe this is some weird bachelorette mechanism that kicks in once I realize that I'm gonna be married to this person forever. Sorta like in Full House when Uncle Jesse goes skydiving right before his wedding because he feels like he's not gonna have any adventures anymore.

Really though? I know W will be fine if I have a weekend with my girls. And our schedules will be different so I can still explore and learn and fuel the economy alone if I choose (although a lot of times it's more fun when W's there, especially if we're eating cuz then I can try more food). I think when it comes down to it I'm not that worried about missing out cuz I'm married...I'm more worried about missing out on things if I'm pregnant or if I have a bunch of kids running around. And I know that's a ways off, but after I get married it could be ANY TIME. Granted, we're taking measures to try and prevent getting pregnant right away, but who knows what will happen. I know I shouldn't be worried, especially since I want to have kids eventually, but it hit me during premarital counseling that we need to be loving and supporting each other not only for ourselves, but for our future family. Our family! Wow! Something that I've dreamed of for so long could be a reality soon. Crazy.

This whole process is so unreal. Thanks for sharing it with me. =)

No comments: