Wednesday, July 2, 2008

taking notes

Our friends J&C got married this past weekend (Congrats!) and W and I had the privilege of helping them on the big day. I got the behind-the-scenes look as a bridesmaid, and W was our trusty driver. The wedding was beautiful and went very smoothly thanks to the groom's detailed spreadsheet.

I loved being part of the bridal party, especially since C is such a great friend, and I think getting to support her on her big day was my favorite part. We ended up having a three-part toast (there were only three bridesmaids, including the MOH) and it was a fun opportunity to reflect on our friendship. The music was good, the food was good, dancing was fun...but really? It was just wonderful to share in a friend's joy.

I'll be in DC for another wedding this coming Sunday, so it'll be fun to share in yet another friend's joy! And yes, I've been taking notes at these weddings...gotta figure out what last minute things I can include in the wedding and what things are okay to omit.

A picture of W and me from the wedding: (aka proof that 2 weeks is just about right for his hair, and that my hair needs to be all up or the curls will fall out)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is a great picture :D

Jessica said...

ooo. i like this picture! :)

Snowflakes82 said...

i really like your hair half down tho =P