Sunday, January 27, 2008

Deal or no deal

I made a lot of split-second decisions the first week we were engaged, including my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. In retrospect, I shouldn't have let my mom put down a deposit for the bridesmaid dresses so quickly because the price of the dress is almost $60 cheaper online. Argh! I think I was so caught up in the moment that I wasn't thinking straight. One good thing is that it allowed us to buy the dresses for our bridesmaids, but really...aiya. I'm going to see if I can rectify it over the next few days.


This is the bridesmaid dress- except it'll be navy blue with a champagne sash. I have to find the paperwork and see what the refund policy is (if there IS one) and I know the dresses haven't been ordered yet because I don't have the measurements for two of my bridesmaids. I'm a little wary of buying things off the internet sometimes because the dresses might not be legit or lower quality...but there are plenty of honest people out there, too, right? Or maybe The Wedding Day will be willing to throw in a discount if we get all our dresses through them.

It doesn't hurt to ask. And worse comes to worse, we pay the price for that blunder and try and find ways to save money elsewhere.

On a good note, my dress is by Ronald Joyce and it's hard to find his designs on the internet. I think it's because it's a British company and my particular dress is discontinued. I tried to find pricing for my dress and came up with zilch, but other brides paid much more for their dresses, so I feel a little better.

Still! I need to be a better steward of my money (and of the other parties that are contributing to this wedding.) *sigh*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I finished getting my bridesmaids dresses!! Finally! I am glad to be done with that.

Bicoastal Bride said...

yay! i felt like getting bm dresses was harder because you're trying to do what's best for multiple people. i got your save-the-date, i'm so excited for june!