Tuesday, January 29, 2008

wintry mix

Positive note: I called The Wedding Day and spoke to the owner about the price difference to see if they would match it. They told me the online vendor is making their own dresses instead of giving people actual Bill Levkoff dresses, which is why it's so much cheaper. Shady! Regardless, she said she'd give me 10% off my bridesmaid dresses since I bought my wedding dress there. Score!

Negative note: I'm starting to get carried away. I can feel it! Last night I was obsessing over hair, makeup, the reception, you name it, and I started to get really offended when W wasn't agreeing with me over what I thought were obvious decisions. I chatted with a couple people on gchat and was gently reminded that sometimes simple is better and when it comes down to it, people are just there to see us. It's not a circus, for crying out loud. It made me think about what I want people to think when they're going home that night.

W's three adjectives that he wants for our wedding are fun, joyful, and beautiful. Mine were beautiful, emotional, fun. Thankfully they're very similar! Eesh...it's so easy to be caught up in all of these things and forget that we're not glorifying ourselves but God. *sigh*

No comments: