Wednesday, June 11, 2008

it's official!

75% of the invitations have been mailed. Or, well, I just tossed them in the mailbox outside my apartment complex, so they'll be on their way to various destinations all over the country by noon tomorrow. The other 25% are pending addresses and guest list alterations.

I can't wait till you see them! My cousin had to create four different designs until we found something that worked (with printing and everything) and I had to drive into Boston 4 separate times, but it was worth it. Hopefully everyone likes it, too. We completed the Chinese invitations and gave them to W's parents so those should be on their way. I'm gonna send one to my great aunt and one to my grandma since they're in Chinese and English...I think they'd appreciate it. I like having an original design because, well, I'm high maintenance like that.

I'm hoping that the invitations are more of a formality than a first alert that someone's invited to the wedding. I get a little stressed when I hear that people haven't booked their flights yet. Airfare is so expensive nowadays and it'll probably only get worse. *sigh*

I've been really bummed when I hear that people can't make it, but I was reminded that I'm very blessed cuz one of my friends is getting married in Taiwan and none of her friends can go. If I had an abundance of earned time and if W didn't have his internship I would have pushed for us to go (I would have pushed for a stop in Hawaii for D&L's wedding while we were at it, too). This summer is gonna be crazy...and it all starts this weekend with summer wedding #1!

1 comment:

Erica said...

well, not to stress you out, but I'm really going to purchase my tickets this week! I promise :)