Tuesday, June 3, 2008

another night another dream but always you

My dreams are getting more specific now:

Last night the wedding was at a really nice, historic estate. Lots of people were there (lots of people that aren't on the invite list, I might add), and a bunch of them were rehearsing to sing at the wedding. My wedding coordinator told me that we were really lucky to have such talented people perform for us. It's true!

Anyway, it's, like, 3 hours before the wedding and I'm running around doing stuff, but a friend comes by and asks for my advice. He apparently just broke up with someone because they weren't going the same direction and he was thinking about dating one of my friends. He asks if I have time to explain what love is...and after thinking about it I tell him that part of love is wanting the best for the other person, no matter what sacrifices you have to make for yourself.

More people come to our wedding than we had planned, so parking is crazy. We end up using not only the regular parking lot, but filling up a nearby parking garage, as well. Thankfully we have two sons of my dad's friend volunteer to help with parking. (A reminder to ask them asap!)

Then I rush off to get ready. I'm upset because I forgot to get my dress cleaned and pressed (note to self!) and I'm wearing a black bra that shows a little bit on the top of the dress. Faux pas! Then my makeup and hair artists show up at 2pm when I told them that the wedding was supposed to start at 1. Apparently we moved it back to 3? Anyway, I had already started my makeup and it was all messy and gross, but they help fix it. My bridesmaids are nowhere near ready, and I'm panicked.

*sigh* That was the end of it. I woke up and was relieved that it wasn't my wedding day and we still had plenty of time to figure out these day-of details. Needless to say, I was very motivated to get stuff done this morning.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

man, i wish blogger sent out emails to notify updates on this page! I should've checked sooner. lol, the nightmares of wedding days have started, ey? i still remember my nightmares too... my dress hadnt arrived and my father in law came in a postman uniform.. lol.