Monday, June 16, 2008

opinions please!

Okay, in an effort to make my pew decorations interesting, I think I might use these:




Hanging vases from cb2, Crate and Barrel's more modern, "affordable" division. Basically, we have hooks for each pew, and we can tie a ribbon onto the vase and have it loop around the hook. We could either have tulle ribbon (basically tulle but a lot less of it) connect each vase (I'd put a vase on every other pew) or just have a tulle or satin ribbon at the base. It's very minimalistic but that way I could incorporate a single flower or something to make it very clean but pretty.

The only problem is that our pews look like this:

There's, like, upholstery on the pews, so I don't know if that takes away from the look. Also, we're not using a runner, so I'll be walking on purple carpet.

Any opinions are helpful! I need to know:
1) If the hanging vases are worth the trouble
2) If there should be ribbon/tulle connecting the pews or if each decoration should be separate
3) What color and what kind of flower we should use for the hanging vases if we do use them.

The previous cloth and single flower thing I posted about doesn't work because the top of the pews are shaped weird.

ALSO- As of right now my flower girls (who are both 7 years old) will be holding baskets of flowers and walking down the aisle. The more I think about this, the less I like it. Part of me wants them to either A) Hold pomanders (those flower ball thingies)
or b) toss silk petals down the aisle for my entrance. I think the clean-up for the silk petals will be a little bit of a pain, but it might dress up the otherwise plain aisle. Hopefully between the two of them they can scatter the petals pretty well instead of dropping it in clumps or something. Really? They're seven. They're smart.

OPINIONS PLEASE! Invitations are pretty much done, so now I can get back to all the little details. Thanks. =)

3 comments:

MLY said...

Lady!
Got the invite. It is adorable. I love the chic dot pattern, and then the nod to lobsters/ Boston/ and mating for life! Please let me know if there is anything I can bring up to the Big Daddy!

may

Unknown said...

i like hanging/connecting tulle...

Jessica said...

i also like hanging vase a and connecting tulle... as for the flower girls.. i like the pomiander thingies... or wrist corsages? too simple? i dunno..