Wednesday, May 7, 2008

crunch time

I can't believe we have three months to go. Sometimes that feels like a long time, but most of the time it feels like it's too short. We just figured out that we have to make some kind of invitation in Chinese so W's relatives from Taiwan can apply for visas, and we finalized the new banquet location. I think. I left that up to my mom, so I should probably follow up on it sometime. We have to finalize the wording for our English invitations, too.

I got to see my bridesmaid dresses! My brother was in town so he brought Olivia's dress...it's WAY too big for her (trust me, Liv, it's gonna need some major alterations), but the color is exactly what we wanted. It looks really dark, but you can tell it's navy blue. I don't know what the rest of you girls think, but I think they look fine. I hope they're comfortable, too.

We'll be in California May 21-25, and while we're there we have to meet with my pastor, meet with our wedding coordinator, get fitted for my qipao, get our marriage license, go to my bridal shower, get my makeup trial done...goodness. I need to start prepping and make a huge list of things so we don't forget any important things.

On a less serious and frantic note, there's gonna be a rate change right when we send out our invitations. 42 cents! It's not that big of a deal, but the 42 cent stamps are not wedding appropriate!

Okay, the Minnesota one isn't bad, but we're not from Minnesota. SO WEIRD. Why couldn't they make pretty stamps like the flowers or doves or whatever? I could always get the old ones and add 1 cent stamps, but that's too much work. I think my laziness is starting to make a lot of decisions for me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OR. you can save that one cent per stamp (maybe 5 bucks?) and buy the forever liberty bell stamps at $0.41. the bell's not quite like a wedding bell...but it does symbolize that just as rate increases can't affect the value and purpose of that first class stamp, neither can anything else in the future separate you from the love of...wayne. (awwwwww). and it does say "forever" on it. :P

Erica said...

i am smelling some cheese, or is it . . . sap? I like the idea of the bell. It says "we're long term planners."

Bicoastal Bride said...

lol excellent comments. i feel like we HAVE to use the bell now. i'm gonna highlight the "forever" part on each stamp, too. =D

Snowflakes82 said...

there IS a purple heart stamp... mmm. would that be a little weird?

Snowflakes82 said...

um. it's christine. i'm not sure how to switch my name...

Jessica said...

the dresses are very very nice.. me and amy are gunna go together to sharon to get it altered. i think the dresses were made for voluptuous giants... :)