Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Whirlwind trip #2

Our last trip before the big day! I still have plenty of stuff to do when I go back a week before the wedding, but we took care of plenty of things this trip, too.


The California trip started with a trip to the County Clerk's office. We now have less than 90 days to get married! We applied for the license online, and it took all of 10 minutes to get the actual license.


We went to have lunch at our new banquet location, Great Harbor Seafood in Artesia, CA. The food was good (arguably better than the last place?) and the place was big enough but not too big. I think it'll be nice and cozy. It's a good thing that W speaks Mandarin because the woman in charge wouldn't speak to us in English. He was trying to get her to speak English but I told him to just speak to her in Mandarin. Luckily her brother came later and he spoke to us in English. I'm a little embarrassed by my handicap, but really, it just made me feel luckier to have W.


The next morning we tried cake- the banquet place provides cake from a Vietnamese bakery chain called Van's, but last time we tried Van's bakery it wasn't very impressive. We decided to just go with the Chinese bakery chain (Diamond Bakery) and got to taste three different cakes: yellow sponge cake with mango filling, yellow sponge cake with strawberry filling, and coffee cake with coffee cream filling. We decided to go with the safest option (strawberry filling). I'm not really particular about how the cake looks- you'll see when you see the cake at the banquet. It kinda matches my dress...I don't know if that's good or bad.


And then the bridal shower! Oh the bridal shower! I had no idea what to expect, but when I walked in there was a fantastic spread on the table, and a Scrubs theme! Complete with scrub pants, name badges, and music. I loved all the little details that went into it.


The girls had prepared make-your-own spring rolls, which was super yummy and nice cuz it was really interactive.

(my *other* teacher/lawyer/doctor combo- it's funny how I have one from youth group and one from WashU!)


And for dessert, the ever-so-famous Sprinkles cupcakes! They were SO good...W and I had one the next day and it was still really moist and yummy. Better than Magnolia!


No pictures of the gifts except for this one, which included four ribbons that I had to break. Apparently the number of ribbons you break is equivalent to how many kids you'll have. Sorry, W, I broke 5!




Thanks so much gals! I loved all the thought that went into the bridal shower, but I especially loved seeing everyone. I didn't realize how much I missed everyone until I saw them. It made me that much more excited for the wedding day!!!! I feel so loved!

No comments: