Monday, April 21, 2008

I before E

We had our first official pre-marital counseling session this weekend in New Jersey. It's slightly inconvenient to have to travel that far, but it's nice because it gives us time in the car to talk about things. We've been dating for quite awhile (almost 4 years!) so we weren't too surprised by each other's answers, but it was still good to flesh things out.

It's funny how you can talk about things in theory, but it's very different when you're actually faced with a situation. Pre-marital counseling is good preparation, but will we do everything we hoped to do when faced with an argument?

Oddly enough, while we were working on invitations tonight one of our major differences came to light: I am extroverted while W is very introverted. He doesn't like being the center of attention and talking with lots and lots of people wears him out. I love being the center of attention and I'm glad we're inviting a lot of people to the wedding because I want to share the joy with everyone.

Obviously I can't have a 10-person wedding, so what are ways that I can accommodate my introverted fiance? I know that day is going to be really tiring, so we're trying to space things out a little. I know the couple's attitude and mood can set the tone for the entire wedding, so I want both of us to be as happy and carefree as possible. Any suggestions are welcome!

No comments: