Saturday, April 26, 2008

My parents rock

Thanks so much for thinking of us and praying for us! Even though I'm sad we don't get the banquet hall with the ginormous dance floor, I'm thankful that it's not the WEDDING that's called off. I know we'll have a great time with everyone there, no matter where we are.

Seafood Palace sent us a formal letter to tell us that the banquet hall was closed, and they'll refund our deposit (whew!). My parents have been on the prowl for a new place...we have some good candidates, but they'd all require some compromises. One place has an awesome banquet menu but only seats 270, and the other can seat 300-400 people but the food sounds similar to Seafood Palace's menu (not true Chinese- more of a Vietnamese/Cambodian influence.)

I'm sooooo grateful that my parents are willing and able to look for a new site for us. Granted, they get to try food at all these restaurants, but still...they were really calm about it when I told them (even though I was on the verge of tears) and they're really positive that we'll be able to find a place even though it's almost May. Props to my sister, too, who called to make sure I was okay when she found out about the banquet hall. I've been at work the past couple days so I haven't been able to help with this process. Besides the fact that I'm on the East Coast- if I had a block of days off I would probably fly out to California to help, but things are getting way too busy over here.

In retrospect, Seafood Palace was still a great choice...I didn't have to worry about champagne, the cake, colors for decorations...everything was more or less provided. Once we decide on a place there'll be lots more decisions to make, but luckily we'll be out there Memorial Day weekend to take care of some of that. We're less than four months away!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you check out http://www.yelp.com/biz/prince-seafood-restaurant-cerritos

Prince Seafood in Cerritos? I'm going to a wedding there this Saturday and I can tell you how the food is if you're interested.

Jessica said...

oo.. we like prince seafood. its pretty nice inside too.. the walls are ivory and dark wood trim.. not the typical chinese red and gold. that's a good place to check out.