Tuesday, April 8, 2008

survey says...

Thanks for the input! No paper flowers...I'm relieved cuz I didn't really feel like making all those.

Now we just have to figure out how to use ribbons or tulle to decorate the aisles. A couple options:
The Martha Stewart ribbon garland...which would obviously not be in Christmas colors
Simple tulle with a center flower...this might be a little tricky because our pews are shaped weird.
I like this one the best, but our wedding is at 1pm, so I don't know if it'd have the same ambiance.

Gross alert:
I think being engaged has heightened my appreciation for flowers...all of the sudden I want to plant things, look at flowers, receive flowers. Normally I could care less (cuz they all die under my care) but lately even the sight of flowers can make my heart flutter a little. I have no idea why.

I was thinking about being upfront with W and asking him to surprise me with flowers sometime...but I wanted to sit on it more and see how I really felt about it. I went to work after thinking about it for a little bit.

Work was pretty standard and around 230pm I got a chance to eat lunch...and while I was stuffing my face the door of the breakroom opened and W was there! I was so shocked cuz I wasn't expecting him at all...and what's more, he brought me a surprise:


Cookies! One was a chocolate dipped shortbread cookie (shaped like a heart, aww) and the other was a chocolate sandwich cookie with mint cream in the middle. It totally made my day cuz I was craving a surprise and I was really sad that I couldn't spend that Saturday with him. It was a great reminder of his thoughtfulness...one of the many reasons why I'm marrying him.

As for the flowers...well, I think I'll be just fine. I think W knows me better than I know myself.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the martha stewart thing actually :)

Unknown said...

I realized I read the labels wrong. I like the simple tulle w/ center flower!

Unknown said...

my sis used simple tulle for her wedding and it looked quite nice

Jessica said...

church doesnt let you use candles on the aisles anyway... so that narrows down your selection a little. :) but i agree, it is very romantic looking. i dunno why it wont let me post with my name instead of my sn. :)

Jessica said...

btw.. cookies are way better than flowers. :) that aws very sweet of W. ;)

Leylola said...

awww that's soo cute :) Haha not gross to me. hehe